Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Alternative Ideas for Musical Keyboard(or Piano)Keyset

Status
Not open for further replies.

theo92

We all know about musical keyboard or digital piano.

I tried a bit a make a such out of scratch with MIDI interace, with it I can play a thousand of instruments virtuallt through my PC using FL Studio+VSTi.

I have everything set up correctly.
An USB to MIDI interface with PIC18F2550
And a MIDI keyboard MKC from JDP homepage

They both works very very nicely.

But now I'm in trouble with piano keys. The black and white key combination set you know for C-C#-D-D#-E-F-F# and so on.
I cant find this stuff.
I tried using my old plaything toy keyboard but the keys were to small to hold. It didnt have the required 64 keys all.

WILL I use 64 push buttons?
And will mod them somehow to look like a piano keyset?
Or will I use something like opto-electronics, It's hard, I know.

OR any other easy idea? please

You use 64 keys, usually matrixed and read with a processor.

But considering you can buy cheap MIDI keyboards for hardly anything, it's not a cost effective thing to make one from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back