Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Alternating Output IC? I need a part number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishael

I want to make an LED strobe (like half of the world). I know people are on here all the time asking for diagrams and what things do and crap like that. I don't want that. All I need is an IC that switches power output from one load to another. Preferably it would have 2-4 different outputs that changed in sequence. What would be really nice is if I could adjust the speed at which they switched. I need is a part number and I'll work on the circuit.

I know its not very well categorized here but I figured that when you have a part number and you don't know what it does you come here. Maybe I could get a number from a part. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

No single part does that. You'd need a module.
Don't state preferences, state requirements, also explaining why you're trying to do what you're doing would help us possible pick something appropriate.
You didn't state voltage, current or power requirements, so you really didn't give us anything to work with to help you.
It's not that you didn't categorize things, we CAN'T answer the question unless you know what you want.

I can give you a number from any number of a hundred parts I have, not a single one of them is gonna help you in the slightest.

Last edited:
You didn't state voltage, current or power requirements, so you really didn't give us anything to work with to help you. It's not that you didn't categorize things, we CAN'T answer the question unless you know what you want.
I can give you a number from any number of a hundred parts I have, not a single one of them is gonna help you in the slightest.

Always these guys, eh Scead? Come here demanding like this forum's filled with psychics.
Mishael, read some basics on microcontrollers, like PICs, since your project is relatively detailed. Like Sceadwean said, no single part does that.

I'm still willing to help, but Miscaels post was basically "I have a dream" where as we need you to say "I have an idea" Flesh out your idea as much as you can please don't say what you think you need as you plainly don't know electronics so you need to tell us your idea and your basic goal and requirements, so we can help you find out what you actually need, and if you say 'friend X or educated person X that I know' said you needed this or that type of device please don't say it. Not that you are doing this, but NEVER go to a forum and ask a question and then tell the people that respond that their wrong. Fastest way to get yourself completly ignored. If you have a true desire to learn, fill out the details as you see them and rephrase the question and we WILL be able to help you.

I see what you're saying.
I want ICs that will switch 2 different loads at the same amount of time each is on and the other off, powered by a 12VDC battery system with a switch somewhere in the mix where i can turn it on and off.
Do you need the amount of power draw the loads will take?

Re your first request: Have a look at the LM555 and the 4017 for the sequencing and use transistors to drive the LEDs.
Re your second request: Either the same as first req or you can simplify it to pretty much any multivibrator circuit.

Actually If you need a 4 output chaser type IC take an old set of chaser type Christmas lights apart! Many have a single IC that drives the four Opto triacs that ran the actual 120 VAC light string. I dont know what IC number or what exact voltage they ran the actual IC's on but its a start.

wow thats actually an excellent idea! i just had a set with 8 OUTPUTS that i was going to throw away. but ill do a little digging into it before i trash 'em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back