Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Alternate a ground pulse to 2 different wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon2309

Hi there, basically what i'm trying to do is create a small circuit that will enable a user to press a single switch and have the circuit pull one of 2 wires to ground. But i need the wire that's pulled to ground to alternate each time the button is pressed.

So press once, wire 1 is grounded.

Press a second time, wire 2 is grounded.

They only need to be held low for as long as the switch is pressed, or anywhere between 1-2 seconds.

I was looking at using the 4013 flip flop, but as far as i can tell it wouldn't function the way i want it to, it would latch either output to ground until the button is pressed again, which could be hours apart.

Any ideas? I'm not afraid of electronics and certainly not stupid either, but this is being made to pass on to others with no knowledge of electronics, so the simpler the better.

Thank in advance all, Dave :)

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

Can you provide any examples of the AND gates? I dont suppose there's a circuit diagram for this sort of thing?

Forgive the ignorance but what does debounce the switch signal mean?

Thanks, Dave

Look up a 4081

Google "switch debounce". **broken link removed** of many found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back