Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altering sound with a stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalauzier

Hello everyone, I have had this question for a while now, and it is, how do stereos in your house or car alter the sound, like increase the bass and treble? Do they use a micro controller, or is there a simple way to change the sound? Thank you

Google "Tone Control"

Sometimes a tone control will not boost the bass or treble:
1) If the woofer is too small or does not have a proper enclosure (or a woofer or an enclosure with a big hole) then it produces no bass. You have probably seen cars with the speakers sitting on the rear shelf with no enclosure? They have no bass.
2) Woofers that are connected "out of phase" cancel the bass.
3) If the tweeters are burned out or are very poor quality then there will be no treble.

You cannot boost nothing.

Alright, thank you for your answers. However I was wondering, could the stere control how much power the tweeters or woofers get, as in to increase the bass, the woofers are always 10db louder than the rest of the speakers? Just an idea.

Last edited:
...However I was wondering, could the stere control how much power the tweeters or woofers get, as in to increase the bass, the woofers are always 10db louder than the rest of the speakers?...

That is EXACTLY what the tone control on your stereo amp does!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back