Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allitle help with 4led circuit please

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldpizza721

i am planning on making this circuit with a usb wire.

+----|>|----|>|----|>|----|>|---/\/\/----+ R = 8.2 ohms
Source=5v
led =29mA https://www.radioshack.com/product/...red&x=16&s=A-StorePrice-RSK&parentPage=search

on the back of my mouse it says 5v 100mA.
Does this mean if i want 4leds i need to have them 25mA or less?

also i messed up my mouse and i plan on using an old printer usb. Are all usb's 5v?

Finally there is a cylinder thing attached the the wire of my usb. I have no idea what is is and would like to know if when i cut it i should keep that part or cut below that.

thanks

Does this mean if i want 4leds i need to have them 25mA or less?
Only if you put them in parallel. You've show them in series, so the max current drawn will be apx 25ma.
Led =29mA **broken link removed**
I hope you don't plan on seeing them glow as they are IR LEDs.
Are all usb's 5v?
Yes.
Finally there is a cylinder thing attached the the wire of my usb. I have no idea what is is
It is probably a ferrite core for RF suppression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back