Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

All newbies should read before post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOne

I wonder how many newbies actually read the sticky thread
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/holtek-ht9032c-ic.2002/ on the guidelines to do a meaningful post?

Like Nigel said, vague clues will get you vague answers. There's nothing so frustrating when you helping someone to find out that he made a simple mistake in the given data (12V instead of 1.2V, uS and mS) after you made all your calculations based on this.

Advice on this board is FREE, but newbies must remember that our time is valuable too. Get your facts together before firing of a useless post. Explain your problem step by step and include diagrams to eliminate confusion. Remember if your explanation doesn't make sense to you, it will make less sense to others.

Everyone can make a spelling mistake, but there's no excuse for screwing up the given data!

Take time and read the guide "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way"
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Well said. I like the link to " How to ask questions " , it appears in several Linux forums and GNU software pages. The author has a great sense of humor.

If I may, I would add one item:

I would ask that users give their location in their profile.

We are not stalkers, we just find it easier to suggest a supplier or similar information if we know what part of the planet you call home. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back