Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

alarm timer help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvisibleman

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction so I could build a timer that does exactly what the item in the link does please.

**broken link removed**

Basically I have a CCTV digital recorder connected to an alarm that is giving false activations usually when its windy, it is set to activate on video loss. I need a timer that say after 1 or 2 minuites of open circuit then the alarm will activate or if the open circuit goes back to closed circuit before the 1 or 2 mins then the alarm isint activated.

I hope you understand what I am trying to do and hope you can help as well.

It's would be easy enough to do with a simple microcontroller circuit & relay. Since a 9V battery only lasts about a year according to the brochure it's not the most power efficient design (a typical home thermostat with relay can last for years on a set of AA batteries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back