Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

alarm system for gas pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

mae2007

Dear Friends
I want to design a circuit to detect a gas (as compressed air) pressure and makes alarm in the event of pressure drop.
- the pressure may be between 2,5 to 5 bar
- I want to use LM324N as comprator
thanks for help

mae2007 said:
Dear Friends
I want to design a circuit to detect a gas (as compressed air) pressure and makes alarm in the event of pressure drop.
- the pressure may be between 2,5 to 5 bar
- I want to use LM324N as comprator
thanks for help

Well first you need to come up with a pressure sensor before worrying about the electronic interface.

In process control industry there are two kinds of pressure sensors, 'transmitters' that send a analog value of the pressure within the sensors design pressure, say 0-5 bars range. The second is a pressure switch that is usually a sensing diaphragm coupled to a switch that changes state when the pressure is below or above the adjustable range of the switch.

So once you decide on the sensor to use then get back for interfacing requirements.

Lefty

Dear thanks for reply
I need the second type which only sense the pressure below or above the value I want

mae2007 said:
Dear thanks for reply
I need the second type which only sense the pressure below or above the value I want

In that case you won't need any comparator electronics as pressure switches outputs just normal switch contacts.

Here is an example of a typical adjustable process pressure switch:

**broken link removed**

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back