Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Airsoft Battery Pack Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishael

I have an 8.4 VDC, 1100 mAh battery thats 7 cell and has a micro connector that is used in many RC cars and such like that. To sum up, the gun is my friends and I don't have a charger for it so i was using what I thought was close to what the actual charger was (~12 VDC, ~200 mA). I didn't think of the mA when I just grabbed a 12 VDC transformer which happened to be 1.66ish amps and the battery got so overheated that the plastic around each cell and the plastic around all the cells started to melt and it burned my hand. Two of the cells have brown discoloration by their contacts and I tried charging with a more appropriate charger but the battery seems fried. Is there any way to replace the cells?

If two cells cooked, all are toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back