Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Aircon Thermostat for After Hours Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

netmark

Hi All
I'm looking for a circuit to do the below:-
When a switch is turned on (Afterhours Switch) When the temp reaches 33C a relay closes and when the temp reaches 25C the relay turns off.
I thought this wouldn't be to hard to do, so I got 2x thermostats. 1x to set at LOW Temp point and 1x to set at the HIGH Temp point, I made the assumpution that the LOW setpoint's built in relay would be closed after hitting 25C and above opps fail I forgot the 1.0C threshold setting.
So this is what I want.

Upto 33C Relay=open
AT 33C Relay=closed
Down to 25C Relay=closed
At 25C Relay=open

Help please, having some trouble remembering 30yrs ago of theory.
Thanks

Last edited:
Does this make sense to you?

Attachments

• 33-25C.PNG
    33-25C.PNG
    93.7 KB · Views: 157
Are these 24AC thermostats like used in house heating systems?

I know it's assuming a lot, but I can only work with the products that I know about. OP might not even be in the US.

and yes, those are supposed to be 24 VAC thermostats set on "cool" and using standard color codes for USA.

Last edited:
They are being reviewed before showing up on the forum. Happens to all new members.

The Aircon has an addon control Box. To turn on the Aircon only a loop circuit needs to be made.
The Thermostats have a 250V~ 5A Relay with NO & NC contacts, so yes there are normal HVAC thermostats.
So this After Hours Control Ciruit needs to close a Relay contact point in the below
Upto 33C Relay=open
AT 33C Relay=closed
Down to 25C Relay=closed
At 25C Relay=open

After a day's migraine head feeling very poor, I hope this covers questions.
Mark

The only question presented was: Do you understand the drawing?

I assure you it makes perfect sense to a professional air conditioning installer/repairman. If the symbols do not make sense to you I will define them for you.

Yes I understand the drawing.
The lables I'm not familiar with, but the concept I can understand.
Thankyou.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back