Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Air Temp Sensor Conversion???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fritts

I would like to create a circuit (assuming needing a micro) to convert the sensor output of one NTC air temperature sensor to another. The two sensors have completely different voltage/temperature cures and are not linear. What would be the best way to go about taking one voltage input and converting it to another? Both sensors are run from 0-5 volts.

Thanks

get another sensor...
it's quite hard to produce analog signal with a micro.

The issue is that the stock sensor is a closed element and does not react very quickly. I am trying to use a standard GM air intake temperature sensor with an open element to supply air temps to the ecu.

Prob is that a sensor has a variable resistance. There are ways to do this with a PIC's pwm output but it varies depending on the circuit reading it. A resistance output is not so straightforward as a voltage output.

I'm in the "get another sensor" camp. Maybe you could cut up the GM sensor housing and insert the thermistor you took out of the stock sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back