Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Air horn siren

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeX0R

Hello friends

I wanted to ask how it's possible to create a similar siren is this of the police
But i need only the imitation of the air horn.
Like this:
**broken link removed**

A 555 as a square wave generator feeding a speaker though a smallish capacitor would sound similar. The capacitor needs to be small enough to create a differentiator with the speaker load.

You may have to adjust the circuit to get the right pitch, but try this:

Attachments

• horn.PNG
    horn.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 705
Last edited:
kchriste thank you!!!
i will try it.
blueroomelectronics yes :)
i already made a blinking light...

If you're talking about modifying a real car to look like a police car then don't do it, it is a bad idea and is illegal, don't do it!

If it's a toy car, then I don't see a problem.

However, going by your posting history, I take it that it's a real car.

But the "air horn" sounds like a little toy car.
It makes a quiet little squeak instead of a loud low-pitched blast.

Hero999 said:
If you're talking about modifying a real car to look like a police car then don't do it, it is a bad idea and is illegal, don't do it!
Technically, it doesnt become illegal until you act like a police officer. You can dress up your car to imitate a police car, but if you turn on the lights & siren, or try to pull someone over, thats when it becomes technically illegal. Its a huge gray area.

There was some news story where a guy converted his Mustang (I think) to look like a police car from the movie Transformers, and it was allowed, as long as he didnt act like a police officer.

The law varies from country to country and even state to state. What you're saying might be perfectly true where you live but might not be the case abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back