Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Air conditioner (12Kbtu split) temperature sensor repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi All:
I have had to replace these items once every couple years or so.
https://www.amazon.com/Copper-Conditioner-Temperature-Sensor-Repairing/dp/B007VD31AA

The a/c companies charge about $30USD each.

This time around when the 'F8' error (LG/Westinghouse) showed up I removed the sensor and heated it to 200C with hot air. Perhaps 2 minutes was enough.
Testing with an ohmmeter showed the 'cool' resistance to be back to 5K ohms (up from 137 Ω when removed from the a/c).

So, I guess the moisture seal fails and then moisture & corrosion screws the thermistor function.

Before replacing I sanded off the green & black corrosion and coated with petroleum jelly.

15 mins work overall and it's fine again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back