Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Air compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

avinaik

When we run air compressor,uses water for cooling compressor body.Can we use there child water like 5 degree centigrade? If not ,then why?And how much temperature can we maintain there?

If the compressor is hot and you introduce 5 deg C water, it could crack the cast iron due to sudden contraction. If the compressor is at 25 deg C, 5 deg C water should not be a problem.

Russlk that would require the compressor to be running dry and then all of a sudden have cold water forced through it. If the compressor is always run full of flowing water it shouldn't be a problem, it's a common application for a chiller. I'd check the compressor's recommended cooling water temperature though.

I agree with the first two responses and will add some:

1. If the chilled water is from a central system and you plan to use it in the compressor, make sure that the water treatment is compatible with the compressor.

2. You might want to understand the possible failure modes for the compressor on the chilled water side - could this allow oil into you chilled water system and would that be a big problem?

3. You could create an arrangement to blend the chilled water supply and return water so that the blend is somewhat warmer than 5 degrees.

4. You might want to have the water stop flowing when the compressor is off so that you don't overcool the compressor - possibly interfering with lubrication or operation of valves or other mechanisms.

Hi ,friends, I do not get proper answer.My question is how much minimum temperature of water can we arrange there to run compressor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back