Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Aight so... help me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG109

Aight so im new here... I have an idea for my car....
I have a switch panel that i custom made for my car... I want it to be able to flip out when i switch the car on, and to go back to the position it once was when i turn off the car.

What do i all need to make it flip?

Aight.. I would go with a microcontroller circuit and an actuator.

New here means you know something about electronics? Your location?

Im at Milwaukee, WI... I know some stuff.... i learned on my own... but i dont kno how 2 go about this 1... thats y i came here! lol

The people here, most, like you to fill in your location. Some places in the world do not have Radio Shack (some wish they did not), so location helps.
Also when you want to know a price this is an issue.

I would drop the hip talk, most people here do not deal with posts like that unless they see your location is somwhere where that is not your first language.

So, you have a panel and you want it to flip down 90 degrees when your ignition goes hot. When you turn the key off you want it to go vertical again? Does it have a latch or lock on it?

Aight i'll do the location thing..my bad.. i just made the account a little while ago, so i haven't done anythin wit it.... so yea, u got the idea, basically flip down 90 degrees when the car is on, and when i turn it off, to go to its original position, no at the moment, there is no latch or lock on it

Consider this carefully...

nobody here will help a wise cracking cool dude that can't even be bothered to use proper written english, or as close thereto, when they come here to ask for help with something...it confuses matters no end when english is not your first language.

You could do it with a changeover relay, a small hydraulic pump with reservoir, a couple of shut off valves and a small ram with ball end fittings and a couple of pivot points.

Or

a changeover relay, a long stroke solenoid capable of pulling as well as pushing with suitable pivot points and mechanics and a couple of limit switches.

Or

if you arrange the pivot point for the flap so that it is not at the bottom but rather is offset a little, you could fashion some sort of lever and toothed belt drive using a stepper motor, control electronics and a couple of limit switches.

Personally I would prefer the first solution, because it's easier, but both the first suggestion and the last one will allow you to regulate the speed at which the flap moves quite easily. The solenoid idea will require to have a damper fitted to control it's speed.

Aight, if the switching can be done without having the flipping up and down movement, use a simple relay to do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back