Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

advice with hacked inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokeycmos

im working on a little project turning an old UPS into an inverter. i have a link to a video i made about it. i have a couple questions. could i beef up the inverter by simply putting bigger power fets/transistors in it? i plan on using bigger heatsinks and a fan to go with it. also, i know these arent designed to work with inductive loads. but say i wanted too, could i put snubbers on the power transistors to absorb inductive spikes? thank you for your input!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqr-4sFbCeQ&feature=plcp

A comercial inverter like that will probably cope with an inductive load.
You probably could increase capacity by upping the trannys, however you'd need to consider whatever drives them, that might need upping too.
Also the tranny will only be capable of the rating of the device anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back