Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

advice on trancseiver+microcontroller bundle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manos11

Hi guys,

I have implemented a wireless sensor network on the chipcon cc1010 chip and now I am starting another project but would like advice on the hardware platform to use.

my main questions are these:
a. would a transceiver+microcontroller be a better solution than two chips interconnected considering the price and the ease and practicality.

b. what device do I need in order to connect a microcontroller with an external device such a pressure sensor or more importantly a solenoid valve that requires more power than the i/o can supply?

regards
manos

manos11 said:
a. would a transceiver+microcontroller be a better solution than two chips interconnected considering the price and the ease and practicality.

A better solution to what? You haven't said what your new project is.

b. what device do I need in order to connect a microcontroller with an external device such a pressure sensor or more importantly a solenoid valve that requires more power than the i/o can supply?

That depends on what the sensor is. Some sensors can interface directly to the microcontroller's ADC. A solenoid can be switch by a relay controlled by the microcontroller.

Mike

Well if you are using the bare CC1010 chips, instead of the modules, then wouldn't that be the way to go? As soon as an electrician starts pulling wire your done. If its a home project, then ($20 of transceivers)/ (0.10/ft wire) equals about 200 ft for break even.

Maybe a ULN2803 line driver with an appropriate relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back