Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice on timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

alchemy

Hi all, newbie here! Not an electronics expert but I tinker quite a bit.
Does anyone have an idea of something I can use for 12V delay off timer or even of another way I can do it?
Its for an 80.00 dash cam. I want it to keep power to it (stay on) for 10-60 min. (15 -20 min ideal) after I leave the car and then shut off. It would probably need to be rigged for less than 20.00 to be consistent with the dash cam price and I may need to do 3 or 4 of them.
Any thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated.

If size is not a factor try a time delay relay. Some have adjustable delay times. Just make sure it is delay off time.

a simple 8pin microcontroller (pic12f625, stc15f104) will do that easily with less than 30 lines C program

Last edited:
Thank you,
Those are too advanced for me. My maximum ability stops at replacing things on PC boards and not knowing what they are. I cannot design a PC board.
I need something I can plug in, put wires on, or maybe a board Id have to make a case for. Thats probably the most of my ability.

My brother just gave me an idea to just use a temperature switch from the engine. That actually might work very well. A thermostat basically. On at, or above, operating temp, off below, (or lower). I only need any range of 10-60 min delay off after the engine is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back