Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice needed on buying a 240v transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob1979

hi,i have taken a 110v transformer out of an electrical appliance that is from the usa but i want to change it for one to take uk mains 240v.i used a 110v power supply to test the old 110v transformer and used a multimeter and it said that the output was 31v.so i need to find a transfomer that takes 240v with an output of 31v,and the appliance itself only requires 40ma.Problem being though is size! i cannot find one anywhere small enough to be a replacement.the old transformer is 37mm wide,30mm in height and 31mm in depth with mounting holes(chassis type) center to center 45mm apart.does anyone know of a suitable replacement from anywhere? the original is pictured below= **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Couldn't you purchase 240v to 110v transformer and attach it's output to your transistor input? You might have better luck finding what you need.

Any of the online electronics supply places like Digikey, Newark, Mouser, Allied Electronics, or whom ever else you find will carry a transformer close enough to what you need.

If you're measuring the no load output voltage and trying to look for a replacement for that voltage then you're doing it wrong. The rated voltage of the transformer is under load. You're probably looking for a 240-24V transformer, you'd be hard pressed to find one that couldn't supply the 40ma output current you require.

**broken link removed**
Looks like a possible replacement.

If you could tell us more about the device this transformer powered it might help, as it's actually the power input circuitry on the device itself that's going to determine what possible choices you have for transformers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back