Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adverts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banners on the top and bottom are okay but I really dislike the new ones on the side that narrow the screen by 1/3.

ETO screen.jpg

Last edited:
I see lots of banners for edaboard on ETO. Perhaps, this is a very rare case when advertisment comes just in time when you need it.

If we must have ads, please can we have them positioned so that we still get full screen width for post contents? Shrinking the useful page width by 1/3 is dreadful.

They own EDAboard too. They purchased them about a year ago.

Interesting. So, now they want us to switch to Edaboard? I visited Edaboard few times, and I've always liked ETO better. However, it looks like less and less people are participating, and it doesn't look like the greatest electronics forum on the Web any more as it used to be two years ago. Hope that's not because I joined ;)

Now, with huge graphics ads, it'll be hard to read over dial-up.

Do they also own "All About Circuits"?

And trying out some of their websites, I suspect the "pop-up" ads are in our future too because that's what I found. I tried to search for an old obsolete part in their datasheet site and nothing. The sites remind me of a engineering tabloid, which was good, but I cannot for the life of me remember it;s name. It was a glossy newspaper like. It would take a handful of us to make this sit go "dark".

Not sure if this post will go through or not--

Anyway, I have adblock so the ads weren't showing up, but the layout was still a little wacky. However, my posts or post ratings would occasionally not go through. I can't say I care much for the adverts for members. I understand showing adverts to the site visitors, but they're really nothing but a nuisance to members. Also, I prefer to use adblock on all pages, so the fact that I can't post with adblock enabled is very annoying. I don't know if that's a site issue or what, but I wanted to throw that out there.

Matt

Well, I looked at their webpage: **broken link removed**

That reminds me of EDN and DSN Designnews free magazines that I subscribed to years ago. They and a few others would call me once a month or so to "Update my information". Sometimes I got 3 calls in one day. I eventually had to get rude and say I was out of business, didn't want their magazine and don't call here anymore. It still lasted for years. Now I don't have a land line and don't give my cell phone # to any business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back