Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADuC Debug/Sim

Status
Not open for further replies.

col_implant

Hi,

I'm programming an 8052 core (ADuC841) using the Aspire environment.

For some reason the ADuC debugger seems to crash whenever I start one of the timers, eg the T3 baud rate. Is this a common problem/limitation of the debugger? does anybody know a fix?

Also a more basic problem... is there a way to debug or simulate the code when using the UART? The debugger uses the UART to interface the program so obviously you cant directly communicate in debug mode. The simulator seems to take no UART inputs

Any help appreciated

C

Last edited:
Hey.
I actually had course + lab on this exact micro-processor.
I used Keil uVision3 to debug it.

I managed to communicate with the microprocessor through UART, both in debug mode and using hyper-terminal.
If you are not receiving any inputs, it could be that you didnt set the REN bit (Receive ENable).

I believe that Timer 1 (and SMOD bit - PCON.7) set the baud rate of the UART, not Timer 3, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back