Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adjustable pulse delay circuit / phase adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

riccardo

Hi,

Does anyone know of a simple way to add a small time delay to a digital pulse? I want to be able to control the phase of the output signal relative to the input.

Thanks!

Delay of around 1us to 1000us, adjustable.
It is to two have two PWM circuits operating at the same frequency/duty, but with an adjustable phase difference.

I'm planning to use these **broken link removed**

Using 2 of them, I can link them to both pulse at the same time. One operates and a master and the other one just copies that. There is a 12V signal that links the two circuits. I want to be able to add a delay to this signal, so that the slave unit pulses are slightly delayed.

It is adjustable over a wide range. I was thinking of something like this circuit, but I am not sure that that one will delay the pulse without changing the pulse width.

Delay

How about something like this? R1 & R2 have to be a dual ganged pot. Maybe a schmitt trigger for the inverters. (CD40106)

Attachments

• delay.PNG
    delay.PNG
    49.8 KB · Views: 677
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back