Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adjustable on and off circuit help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRS

I have a project that I would like to do that involves replacing a push button switch with an electrical circuit. I would like to be able to adjust how often the switch is activated and adjust the time the switch is not activated. For example, let's say I push the button every 5 seconds and hold it for one second. I would like to be able to duplicate that with the circuit and also be able to adjust the time either way as needed. I have done a few electrical circuits in the past but the simpler the electrical circuit the better.

Best regards,
Brian

Last edited:
Well If it was my project, I would use an 8 pin Picaxe micro driving a relay. Probably less then $10 in parts. You would program your desired timing schedule via the Picaxe PC based program editor. You could have several timing programs stored on your PC and download the one you wanted to use at any moment.The relay's contacts would wire across the existing manual pushbutton contacts, and wa la you have your automated switch pusher ;)

Lefty

Last edited:
You could use 555 timer with adjustable on-off period driving a relay.

It's for a race track which has lane changing. When you press a button the car changes lanes. I would like to use the circuit for some ghost cars that change lanes by themselves.

I was thinking a 555 timer might be a good way to do it with a small battery to power the circuit such as a 9 volt. Could anyone draw up a circuit or post a link to a circuit that will work?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Brian

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back