Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adjustable Interval Timers... 'mk111' - how to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebsq

Hi...

I have lots of experience breaking components - ripping stuff apart... making minor repairs - etc.

Anyway, i've built one of these 'Adjustable Interval Timers' kits... can someone shed some light on how there terminals are to be used?

Here is a link to a diagram of the product (but probably not needed): **broken link removed**

the terminals are

+12v | GND || NO || COM || NC

ok - so i know how to hook up the power (12v/GND)...

Is the idea to wire your device up (with its own power) and one wire (+ / - ?) to the normally open or closed terminal and then back to your device? (i.e. a switch) Also, do the NC/NO pretty much allow you to specify that your device will 'run' durring the pulse or pause?

Also... this is a 12v dc board. It can 'drive' 24v/3A devices - would this include and 12v ac device? (AC instead of DC) - providing it supplies it's own power, etc.

Finally, I'm considering running an ultrasonic fogger (12v ac) durring the pause and a (12v dc) fan during the pulse... Am i thinking straight that i might be able to do that with one of these? (i.e. connect one up through the NO terminal - the other through the NC?) That would be 3 seperate power sources (though, the computer fan might be able to run off the timers power).

Anyway - hope i'm making some sense and not coming off as a complete fool - bleh! Haha... this is why i stuck with software and not hardware :)

Thanks for any input,

bill

I don't know if 60 sec would be enough time to generate much fog, the NO NC are the relay output NO during the pulse/fan and NC for the pause/fogger.
The relay contacts are just a switch and makes no distinction between AC or DC.. Only one 12V power supply required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back