ADE7763 Energy meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyPeter

I'm designing a energy meter using ADE7763 for 230v,20 A but I can't understand its Voltage sensing and current sensing blocks.... Pls list out the steps for finding the required components..
By the way I'm using 8051 Mc
#Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
Yea, but I'm not sure how to design the current sensor block because they have used a 1800:1 current sensor..... I'm going to measure a maximum of 20 A

There are many different current transformers (CT). You can get one that will produce 0.1V for 10A and 0.2V for 20A. This should work with a input range of 0.250V.

I think this project is too much for you.

The ADE7763 can not measure 220 volts directly. That will break the IC. You need to use a resistor divider. This will turn the 220 volts into 0.215 volts. The ADE7763 inputs a low voltage in the 1/4 volt range and through calibration the micro will output "220" volts.

The ADE7763 can not read current. It inputs a small voltage that comes from current. You need a method that turns 20 amps into 0.03 volts. When the input 2 voltage is 0.03 volts the computer will read 20 Amps. Calibration is used to make 0.03V=20A.

Watts is input 1 X input 2. Calibration is needed to get to watts.

The ADE7763 has gain control. Each input has programmable gain so you can choose the input range you want.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…