Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adding noise source to a circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpradhan1

Hi i am working on a dissertation project known as the lock in amplification of a signal buried in noise .... i am buildin da basic ciircuit but wht i am confused about is how do i add a noise source in a breadboard using basic electrnic components ... i will really appreciate da help

Amplify the noise produced by a zener diode or a reverse-biased emitter-base diode that is avalanching.

Noisecom also makes devices. One package soulutions.
**broken link removed**

hi .... do i jus connect da zener diode in reverse biased series mode .... n provide a voltage more than da breakdown voltage .... if dats da case i am tryin it in multisim electronic workbench but i am not seeing any noise in da output .... may be i have da circuit wrong .... any help ?

hi .... do i jus connect da zener diode in reverse biased series mode .... n provide a voltage more than da breakdown voltage .... if dats da case i am tryin it in multisim electronic workbench but i am not seeing any noise in da output .... may be i have da circuit wrong .... any help ?

Try using full complete sentences. No one will take your seriously if you use text speak like n... da... or dats...

hi,
Post a drawing on how you have connected the zener to the circuit.

sorry about earlier for using short texts , anyways i am not entirely sure about how to connect the circuit either, i am pretty sure whatever i have done is stupid, I just tried to follow what one of my seniors wanted me to do, i have attached a picture file and i hope you people can help me out, thanks a lot so far :)

Attachments

• zener.jpg
    zener.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 612
sorry about earlier for using short texts , anyways i am not entirely sure about how to connect the circuit either, i am pretty sure whatever i have done is stupid, I just tried to follow what one of my seniors wanted me to do, i have attached a picture file and i hope you people can help me out, thanks a lot so far :)

hi,
Have a look at the way Maxim do it.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I am confused about how to check the signal for noise in it in multisim, i mean since i am using a dc power supply the only thing that i notice in the oscilloscope is a straight line without any noise interference in it, what am i missing out? your help will be greatly appreciated

I am confused about how to check the signal for noise in it in multisim, i mean since i am using a dc power supply the only thing that i notice in the oscilloscope is a straight line without any noise interference in it, what am i missing out? your help will be greatly appreciated

hi,
I dont use multisim, but its possible that it only shows the 'ideal' output from the zener/amp rather than the true signal with noise.

I would suggest the only way to see the 'noise' would be to build the actual noise circuit and use a wide band scope to see the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back