Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding EEprom to a PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Can anyone point me to a decent tut for adding EEPROm to a pic?

I might need a couple MBs

thx

Well have'nt figure that out.

Basically I am sampling music notes played on an instrument....determining the note (eg A B C..) and then storing it with a timestamp in Eprom to be read back out via serial over usb later.

I may need a dspic I am not sure.

What do u think?

EEPROM does have a 10mS delay which is significant at audio frequencies.The SDcard runs off the spi i/o not so?

Can I xmit data faster than 10mS per byte to SDcard?

With EEPROM you can write a minimum of 128 bytes every 5mS = 25k/s. SD card vary from 2M/s up to 10M/s.

Edit, an alternative might be Serial Flash that can write a byte in 7uS.

Mike.

Last edited:
Or, if you just want a guitar tuner and have an Android phone, install the free app called gstrings. Works wonderfully, I now just need to practice the guitar more.

Mike.

EPE magazine did just that a few years ago, using a low cost PIC 16C84 as a guitar tuner in 1997 - there's no need to store massive samples.

Source code is here:

**broken link removed**

Thx for that Nigel, it helps. But I need to store the notes and then upload em after a performance. Also, any idea where the schematic for that tuner might be found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back