Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding a component to a simple 2n7000 circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is quite simple. You need a Vgs of about 2.5V to turn the mosfet on. If you want point B to be 10V, then the gate needs to get about 12.5V. A bootstrap circuit of some sort is needed. Otherwise, use a p-channel.

Last edited:
Hi Mabauti,

It's not gonna work that way. You need to replace the
N-channel fet with a P-channel and drive it with a NPN
BJT, a N-channel mosfet or with a CMOS level translator
like the CD 40109B or even with a TTL open collector high
voltage output.

on1aag.

Attachments

• Mabauti 1.PNG
    Mabauti 1.PNG
    14.2 KB · Views: 578
  • Mabauti 2.PNG
    Mabauti 2.PNG
    14.5 KB · Views: 816
  • Mabauti waveform.PNG
    Mabauti waveform.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 377
Alternatively to achieve an output of 0 to 10V with this kind of transistor you must reconfigure so that the resistor is on the top of the transistor, from drain to +10v and connect the transistor source to gnd. Now, taking output from the drain you will see 0 to 10V but it will be inverted compared to the input.

The problem is that I have already made a PCB which includes that circuit (and I'm obtaining only 2.42V)

I guess I have to redesign the whole PCB =[

Anyway , thanks to you all gentlemen for your suggestions :)

The problem is that I have already made a PCB which includes that circuit (and I'm obtaining only 2.42V)

I guess I have to redesign the whole PCB =[

Anyway , thanks to you all gentlemen for your suggestions :)

You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back