Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding a Book Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
Introduction

The Electronic Books forum is dedicated to book reviews. I would like to keep this as structured as possible so please follow these guidelines when submitting a review.

Please note that to create a review you must have at least 25 posts.

Review Format

Please use the following format for the subject:

[Book Title] ([Book Category])

Example:

Power Electronics Handbook (Engineering)

Your message should follow the following format:

Book Review:
[Book Title]

Category:
[Category]

Brief Description:
[Description Of Book]

My Review:
[Your Personal Review]

My Rating:
[Out Of 5]

Purchase Link:
[Amazon URL]

Example:

Book Review:
Power Electronics Handbook

Category:
Engineering

Brief Description:
Power electronics is a broad subject that deals with every aspect of electronic systems and devices. Any computer, machine, controller, game, etc., that is available today is dependent on the power electronics in those systems and devices to operate. Power electronics systems deal with the process of converting electrical power from one form to another. Power Electronics Handbook is specifically designed for the professional engineer in industry and includes contributions of over 60 authors primarily from industry.

My Review:
The Editor and Contributors (mostly from Universities) carefully selected and organized power electronics in 35 Chapters that cover modern electronic devices (except IGCT); rectifiers; converters; inverters; gate drives; control methods for power converters, power supplies; capacitor charging associated electronics, photovoltaic and wind related electronics; HVDC transmission; drive types; motor drives; sensorless vector, direct-torque-control drives, fuzzy-logic, and artificial-intelligence-based drives; automotive applications of power electronics; power quality; active filters; computer simulation of power electronics and motor drives; and packaging and smart power systems. Many informative Figures in this Handbook saved many thousands of words. Each relatively small topic/paragraph has pertinent reference(s) for further enhancement or studies, which makes this handbook very valuable for students, engineers, educators, enthusiasts, etc. Additional useful areas that might have been added are, for example: Hybrid filters (a combination of active and passive filters), acronym & abbreviation section (to avoid multiple spellouts in the same book), etc.

My Rating:
5/5

Purchase Link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0125816502/102-6995307-4132942?n=283155

If you have any questions please do let me know.

Someone Electro said:
How about stubmitting whole books in pdf?

Becase there are some free ones out there.

I have *LOTS* of electronic related E-Books. I would be willing to contribute if there was a sufficiently sized place to dump them. I have sent them to others before but they always get bounced due to filling up their webspace.

Most of what I have ranges from 0.5M to 10M in size (*.pdf) with several that are as large as 20-50M

All total over 2GB

ElectroMaster said:
Are they copyrighted at all? If they are all free to publish then I could host them for the members. The server has 2 GB free no problems.

Most of them are publically available (perhaps no longer available today but they were at one time)

I would not contribute any copyrighted books. Would be glad to help if you get it setup

I wrote the book in pdf format, size is about 2.5M and cannot upload to my post. Could it be possible that Any thing I did was wrong?

Hello Funny NYPD

The maximum file limit for PDF's is 10MB so there should be no problem with the size of it.

What kind of internet connection are you on? If you are on a slow one like 56k then the page will probably timeout. If this is the case you could email it to me.. Let me know as we would love to host your book..

Hello, ElectroMaster,
I have a 6M bandwith internet connection.
Tried again this morning, no success. Change the name to a short format won't help either.
Let me know how can I send it to you by email.

all good. I have uploaded the file to your post. I have also fixed the issue with file uploads so if you need to upload a newer version or any other file you should have no problem.

I would also like to take this time to thank you for your contribution to ETO, I briefly reviewed the book and think it is an excellent piece of content and valuable to our members. Thank you.

ElectroMaster said:
all good. I have uploaded the file to your post. I have also fixed the issue with file uploads so if you need to upload a newer version or any other file you should have no problem.

I would also like to take this time to thank you for your contribution to ETO, I briefly reviewed the book and think it is an excellent piece of content and valuable to our members. Thank you.

It seems same thing happened again to load another pdf file, can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back