Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adding 2 voltages and subtracting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinarfi

I have 3 voltages/signals that I need to combine, I'm using a VCC of 10 and trying to have everything operate around 5, the first input is the controlling signal and has 5 as it's center and the second is the feed back signal and centers on 2.5 by design, I can wire it so feed back is 2.5 + feed back or 2.5 - feed back, then I need to subtract the 2.5 which makes for the 3rd voltage. I've tried to simulate several methods, but just not sure what works most reliably. There are difference amplifiers and inverting and non-inverting summing amplifiers shown in several places, but nothing for adding 2 and subtracting 1.
Any suggestions? I don't have a - voltage that I can add, every thing is above 0. here's what I have, attached

Thanks,
Kinarfi
SORRY for double posting, checking to see which works best
Attached Files:

I have 3 voltages/signals that I need to combine, I'm using a VCC of 10 and trying to have everything operate around 5, the first input is the controlling signal and has 5 as it's center and the second is the feed back signal and centers on 2.5 by design, I can wire it so feed back is 2.5 + feed back or 2.5 - feed back, then I need to subtract the 2.5 which makes for the 3rd voltage. I've tried to simulate several methods, but just not sure what works most reliably. There are difference amplifiers and inverting and non-inverting summing amplifiers shown in several places, but nothing for adding 2 and subtracting 1.
Any suggestions? I don't have a - voltage that I can add, every thing is above 0. here's what I have, attached

kinarfi,
You need to look at this link. Ratch
https://electronicdesign.com/ideas-...chit@comcast.net&YM_MID=1428104&sfvc4enews=42

Thanks,
Kinarfi
SORRY for double posting, checking to see which works best
Attached Files:

the first input is the controlling signal and has 5 as it's center and the second is the feed back signal and centers on 2.5 by design
Surely the feedback signal needs to be comparable in magnitude to the control signal if you are using both signals to regulate something?
BTW you will need an opamp/comparator with rail-to-rail input and output if your control signal can reach near 10V and you want the output signal to be greater than ~8.5V.

Thank you for your replies, got it solved.
Kinarfi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back