Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adc0808 and dac0808

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm interfacing P1 pins to ADC0808 for data input. ANd other pins of 8051 as they are generally connected to ADC, wha port should I prefer to interface DAC0808 with 8051??
And will there be any chance of interfacing further a LCD and a MMC card?

you can use any port for any prupose except port3 if you want some special functions like serial transmission and reception or event counting etc.

and yes you can connect dac0808 with port 2 and lcd to port0 with 2.2k ohms pullup resistors pack. rest you can use port3 as a control port to adc and lcd while mmc can be connected if you expend the port ... i mean to say that send the data for MMC on serial port and use SIPO shift register(74ls164) and connect the MMC with output pins of SIPO SR..

further you can use lcd in 4 bit mode or you can also use serial lcd to get maximum pins for control or other purposes.

hope this helps.

Regards.
Qaisar azeemi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back