Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC Saturation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpj

Hi,
Working with Freescale 56F8037 controller with 12 bit ADC for motor control.
Input voltage range -10V to +10V
ADC High reference = 3.3
ADC Low reference = 0V

ADC values are getting saturated at +9V ( Instead of +10V )

I have computed ADC offset factor and applied but this non linear curve at the edge of range is bothering.

Any direction to solve the problem?

Regards

Attachments

• cmd.doc
    89.5 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Could the saturation be due to the analogue conditioning (gain, offset) being applied? Reduce the gain, adjust the offset?
If an op-amp is doing the conditioning have you allowed for its ouput not going fully rail-to-rail?

Last edited:
Op Amp used are ±15V range so, pre-conditioning of the signal is little remote possibility!!
Thanks for the insight!!

Looking at your table, I see there's a generally steady increase in the error. That suggests to me the op-amp gain is too high. Have you allowed for the op-amp input resistance in calculating the input and feedback resistor values? The op-amp input resistance is effectively in parallel with the external input resistor so will increase the gain over the calculated one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back