Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC connected to Digital Pot

Status
Not open for further replies.

prprog

I would like to connect an ADC0831 (thats the one I have) to a Digital Pot.
(I had never used a Digital Potentiometer before. The ADC0831 I had was used on a Basic Stamp project). The idea is to used the ADC chip to sample a voltage an get a resistance value from the Digital pot. Which Digital pot will work with the ADC0831? I will like it to be a stand along circuit, no PIC or Stamp. Which Digital Pot should I get?

ADC ICs either have a complicated serial or parallel interface. DIgital pots also have a parallel or serial interface which won't match up with the ADC. You have to connect them together with some logic to get them to do what you want them to do. So either a uC, or a thousand logic gate ICs. Take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back