Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC and Flash Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

integra

Hello
I'm working on a data acquisition system as part of my college project. Can someone help me in choosing a low cost, (>10ksps,12/10/8bits,parallel,5V) ADC and an SPI Flash Memory (128/256/512KB). Thanks in advance.

When it comes to the ADC fewer bits generally implies lower cost.
With memories smaller size generally implies lower cost.

Before spending time on this can you define acceptable cost levels? If not then we could spend a whole lot of time and come up with no results. For a one off project it probably makes sens to use the first thing you come across. That way you can spend your time making it work.

Papabravo's three rules of system(project) design:
Code:
First, make it work.
Second, make it fast, or small, or cheap your choice.
Third, make it elegant.

There are so many ADC's meeting your specifications, as well as SPI flash IC's, I would suggest narrowing it down with what is available to you.

If you are restricted on availability, then go with whatever you can get. But if you can order parts from any distributor, then perhaps viewing common manufacturers websites - most seem to have a parametric search function.

Maxim, Texas Instruments, National semiconductor, ON semi, Atmel to name a few.

Even then you'll probably compile a massive list. If you write down the exact specs you need, including (but not limited to) package, no. of pins, current draw etc.. Some IC's are only available in SMT, so prototyping may be trickier with those..generally it is better to start out with DIP packages first..unless its RF.

As for part numbers. None off the top of my head.

Blueteeth

Thanks for the posts, even though specific part numbers were not mentioned the replies helped me fine tune my search procedure. As a result I was able to make a choice for both the components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back