Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adapting PC Headset to Aviation Headset.. ( NEED HELP PLEASE )

Status
Not open for further replies.

roland_xp_80

Hi there,

As we know that PC Microphone is not Amplified, and Aviation Microphone is amplified.

I need to make an adapter from PC headset microphone to Aviation headset microphone.

I have the diagram for Aviation to PC headset, just I need to reverse this thing.

Thank you..

Attachments

• adapter.gif
    adapter.gif
    36 KB · Views: 348
Remove the battery and battery series resistor. You may have to experiment with the series capacitance for frequency response. Higher C, more lower frequencies are amplified.

Remove the battery and battery series resistor. You may have to experiment with the series capacitance for frequency response. Higher C, more lower frequencies are amplified.
Completely wrong!
A PC headset mic is an electret type that must be powered for it to work. It needs to have a preamp to work in an airplane and the preamp also must be powered, usually from the jack it connects to.

An original old aviation mic was a carbon type that needed a fairly high current from the 9V battery and 470 ohm resistor to work into a PC. Its output level was high enough so it didn't use a preamp in an airplane.

If the PC mic is powered then I would have not been able to use the LINE out of the TV into the mic input of the laptop, right?

If the PC mic is powered then I would have not been able to use the LINE out of the TV into the mic input of the laptop, right?
Usually a line output is at least 27 times too high for a mic input. Maybe the laptop mic input is an attenuating volume control.
An electret mic uses very low power from its power supply so it has nothing to do with feeding a line output into a mic input of the laptop.

The Op wants to feed the very low output of an electret mic (that must be powered and amplified) into an aviation mic input.
So the mic and its preamp must be powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back