Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ad549 vs 741

Status
Not open for further replies.

samarsingla

hi all
i am doing a physics project which requires an op amp, some on suggested my guide to use ad549 instead of 741, can someone please tell me in what ways is it better than 741 as it is very costly.
thanx

You havn't told us what you are doing so we have no idea if the advice you are getting is appropriate. The 741 is about 40 years old and getting a bit long in the tooth. Every conceivable specification that can be improved has been.

But hey! Use the 741 and discover its numerous shortcomings for yourself. It will be a good education.

Oh well, I suppose you could just look at the datasheets for the two parts and answer your own question. How about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back