Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AD-converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovechild

Hi, can anyone please help me in solving this question,

Design an operational amplifier circuit for a signal conditioning application,where the signal of a microphone is conditioned for an AD-converter.
-Microphone signal peak-to-peak value is 122mv.
-Microphone signal has zero-bias, i.e itvaries equally on both sides of zero
-Microphone output impendance is 600 Ohms
-AD-converter has 0 V to 2.5 V input voltage range
-AD-converter has a 2.5 V reference voltage output on chip,which you can use in biasing circuit
-AD-converter input impendance is 10 KOhms
-The total signal attenuation on the system should be less than 1% ( = 99% of the optimal signal strengh remains)

2.design an anti-aliasing filter for the previous application taking into account the following requirement and properties:
-the application requires that the signal power spectrum has minimal amount of spectral distortion
-signal information bandwidth is 122Hz
-signal has white noise at level -40dB
-sampling rate is 444100s-1
-AD-converter's resolution is 12 bits
thnks in advance

Last edited:
You need to post specs for the A/D converter - input voltage range and input impedance.

hi thanks Ron ,sorry about that, they are ;

-AD-converter has 0 V to 2.5 V input voltage range
-AD-converter has a 2.5 V reference voltage output on chip,which you can use in biasing circuit
-AD-converter input impendance is 10 KOhms
-The total signal attenuation on the system should be less than 1% ( = 99% of the optimal signal strengh remains)

Last edited:
You need to take half of the 2,5V reference as a virtual ground in a standard opamp amplifier circuit with a capacitor between the mic and its input. The gain of the amplifier must be around 40 (I suggest making the gain adjustable using a trimmer resistor)

You need to take half of the 2,5V reference as a virtual ground in a standard opamp amplifier circuit with a capacitor between the mic and its input. The gain of the amplifier must be around 40 (I suggest making the gain adjustable using a trimmer resistor)
A gain of 40 would give almost 5V p-p. The A/D is 2.5V full scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back