Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Active noise cancelling muffler for light planes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroplane

This one should be right up your alley :eek: audioguru

I`m not sure how successful it would be.

For Light planes and power requirements max of about 5amps/12v after that you need a bigger alternator.
Regards Tony

Benefits of an Active Noise-Canceling Muffler
1.By using an active muffler the exhaust noise can be easily tuned, amplified, or nearly eliminated.

2.The backpressure of a conventional muffler can be essentially eliminated, thus increasing engine performance and efficiency.

3.By increasing engine efficiency and performance, less fuel will be used and the emissions will be reduced.

Regarding 2 and 3...

How does an audio circuit producing destructive interference increase engine efficiency? Unless there is something I am misunderstood about engines a regular muffler only does that by using the exhaust shockwave to increase the compression in the engine. An electronic circuit with a speaker can't do that.

Personally, points 2 and 3 sounds like marketing BS to me. Where did you find them?

EDIT: It seems I mistook a tuned pipe for a muffeler.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back