Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Acknowledgement of a reported post

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Electrician

When a post is reported is it normal procedure for the report to be acknowledged to the reporting party? Otherwise, the reporting party may suspect the report didn't happen.

When a post is reported is it normal procedure for the report to be acknowledged to the reporting party? Otherwise, the reporting party may suspect the report didn't happen.

If you mean reporting using the badge, I believe there's a small acknowledgement window that pops up, but other than that, no. The moderators will not contact you in most cases, you will not get an email, or anything of that sort. If you want verification that it was received, you might be able to ask a moderator, but they may or may not be able to help you.

Regards,
Matt

hi E,
Click 'My Account' then 'General Settings',, on the left side of that window is a Menu option 'Settings', click that and your Rep window will be displayed.

Eric

Hi Eric, I think you may have misread his question. I believe he is asking if, when he reports someone, if he should get a notification (via PM, email, or whatever) verifying that he reported a post.

Matt

Hi Eric, I think you may have misread his question. I believe he is asking if, when he reports someone, if he should get a notification (via PM, email, or whatever) verifying that he reported a post.

Matt

hi Matt,
You could be right.:eek: woops!

Restating for 'The Elec'.
When a member 'Reports' a post, all Mods get an email.

I usually check my mail box a couple of times a day, if there is a thread report I take the appropriate action, no feedback to the reporter.

E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back