Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Accelerometer Packages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellarcore

I've found an acceleromter that I'd like to use for my final year thesis project, but its only available in annoying SMD packages. The device is LIS302DLTR from ST electronics. It is a 3-axis +/- 8G accelerometer with i2c and SPI serial interfaces. Unfortunately, the package is Land Grid Array 14. The alternative accelerometer is the LIS3LV02DQ, which is basically the same part but with a slightly different acceleration range and sampling frequency, and it is available in QFPN-28.

This isn't a huge problem, as we are prepared to have PCBs made anyways, but I'm having difficulty finding the packages in Eagle, and I am reluctant to try and draw the package footprint myself. Does anybody have an eagle library with either of these footprints?

Or, alternatively, can you recommend a different acceleromter in a more common package? In the final application, two accelerometers will be mounted to the bottom of the front struts on a vehicle and will be used to measure and record road conditions (more specifially, identifying/locating potholes). I'm not exactly sure of the range of acceleration that would be needed, but I think that +/-8G should be ok. If not, it would be beneficial if there were pin-compatible versions of the same device in higher ranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back