Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC164324 Transision socket for PI16F684 QFN and development tool question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve311

Hi All, I have just purchased the AC164324 which is a transisiton socket for a 4x4mm QFN PIC16F684. I basically am just looking for a way to pre-program the PIC before it is asembled in a system using a PICKit2 with your regular 5 wire programming.. Howeer seems like there is a lack of documentation online for this socket.

I need to know what develpoment tool/debugger/emulator is made for this AC164324 transistion socket. (Id rather not just solder wires to the connector and wreck it!, its quite expensive!)

Thanks in Advance

Product Search - microchipDIRECT

It's an adapter for PM3....which has a ZIF socket.....so there should be pins accessible on the bottom of AC164324.

There does seem to be a lack of documentation, although that is probably due to it's intended purpose of being used with PM3.....

However, if the pins can be mapped to the correct QFN contacts and short wires connected, perhaps PICkit2/3 ICD2/3 could be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back