Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC Voltage to AC current converter. Urgent reply needed! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metallica_jay

A voltage-to-current converter that will convert the filter output voltage:
• Current output 5 to 25 mA current loop
• 5 mA for zero input to the system and 25 mA for a 5 mVrms input to the system.

My output from the OPAMP 5th order filter generates a 14mA ac Vpk voltage. It would be nice if I can have a design with an explanation without using BJT. Also I do not understand where the zero input is coming and how it can give a 5mA output.

Thank you in advance.

Stage3.png

Can someone please explain how this circuit does giving the criteria above? I can see the bridge rectifier making the AC voltage to DC but I am unsure how its giving 5mA for zero volts and 25mA for 5mVrms that is used as the input to the bridge. Please ignore 14mA I mentioned previously as I can easily make it 5mVrms by using a current divider circuit. Also what happens to forward bias 0.7v voltage drop to the diodes when I am only sending 5mVrms?

My dealine is tomorrow and any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated!

That is a unity gain amp, AKA buffer.
You will get a filtered DC voltage with slight ripple at the output of the bridge rectifier. I don't see how that could be a current source.
Basically, you are just buffering. No voltage to current conversion as far as I am concerned.

The ckt is also unclear. If it is wired like the anode of D1 is connected to the ground, then you are probing (voltage probe) the ground.

since you said at first you wanted to convert AC voltage to AC current, i was going to provide a link to my AC current source article here: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/blogs/unclejed613/121-ac-ohmmeter-revisited.html

but now you're trying to convert to a DC current? so now i'm confused.... are you using this to measure a voltage, or convert audio voltage to a current to transmit audio over a current loop (usually a phone line)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back