Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ac to dc power supply and voltage doubler

Status
Not open for further replies.

watosh

looking for help..i have step down xfrmr-115v to 30 vac,
in the form of miniwelder model 73(??). 50 amp in the secondary(good one heavy and copper). i would like to use it to make 30v pulsating dc and hook up a doubler ckt also.
producinc 60v pulsating dc. i have 80amp/1000 v fullwave solidstate bridge rectifier. my question is what capacitors do i need and what capactence..and how to figgure the size(ufd)..schematic would also help. (also is it possible to get 15vdc out w/o tapping the secondary?)thanking in advance for your help., art

looking for help..i have step down xfrmr-115v to 30 vac,
in the form of miniwelder model 73(??). 50 amp in the secondary(good one heavy and copper). i would like to use it to make 30v pulsating dc and hook up a doubler ckt also.
producinc 60v pulsating dc. i have 80amp/1000 v fullwave solidstate bridge rectifier. my question is what capacitors do i need and what capactence..and how to figgure the size(ufd)..schematic would also help. (also is it possible to get 15vdc out w/o tapping the secondary?)thanking in advance for your help., art

if your present model is with centre tapped secondary (30-030) and uses 2 diodes as full wave, then it is possible to use end to end as a single winding and use the bridge rectifier, that employs 4 diodes instead of two in full wave. Perhaps you may google to see the full wave and bridge schematics. capacitor based voltage doubler cant deliver the type of current , you need fro such heavy transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back