Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC to DC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sllimbri

I have two circuits that I am trying to connect. The first is powered by a 5v AC supply. The second circuit needs 5-9v DC. What can I do to convert the 5v AC supply for my needs?

you can use a rectifier and filter which will give about 6.4VDC. But be sure that the 5V AC supply can also supply the current for the DC load.

you could use Greatz bridge like this in the attached picture... it's a full-wave bridge rectifier and instead of building it from 4 diodes, you can buy a ready made bridge with 4 pins and 4 built-in diodes...

the capacitor needs to be larger if you need more current... it serves to smooth the 50/100Hz brum (60/120Hz in USA and other)... more current the load draws-bigger the capacitor needs to be. there is some relationship between the two aforementioned but i'm not sure how it goes so take a peek at google or wiki ;)

Attachments

• greatz.JPG
    greatz.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 157
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back