Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ac regulator using ssr or triac

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWahid

Is it possible to make a regulator from ac input voltage fluctuating from 110 v to 220 v to get a fixed volt
output 110v by using ssr or triac 25 Amperes

No. One of those things might be used in a much more complicated circuit, but they will not stand alone and make a voltage divider.

Are you talking about ac regulating devices such as FAN dimmer switches ? If your answer is YES, then although the triac is the main component in that device, but as Bychon said, it will not stand alone to do the job.

From his other post, he also wants 25A of current.

It depends on the load.

Is it purely resistive?

It shouldn't be hard if it's a heater or a universal motor.

ok bychon. I want to study this complex circuitry. Where i can find it. I am planning to make a circuit controlled by Microcontroller.
A Microcontroller can sense the output voltage and can give a response through PWM. So if the power circuit can control AC Voltage as directed by Microcontroller it will be good for me. I can make software PWM output, but how to handle the AC Power 25A at 110 V. It is problem for me.

We need a lot more information. Why and how does the supply voltage fluctuate from 110 to 220? What device will be using the finished power voltage? Please give lots of description!

we are facing a problem from PAKISTAN Elec. Power Supply. The incoming vlotage is varying from 100V to 260V espacially in rural areas. I am planing to make a transformer Input 110V and Output 220V(From 1KVA to 5KVA). I am trying to control Input of transformer so that output will remain fix 220V. I am searching for a device which can control AC Power at input of transformer nearly from 5A to 25A at 110V. If there is some semiconductor device which can be controlled and also can handle the power, enough to run a home that will resolve the problem.

A servo controlled variac would do.

A UPS would also work - I mean the type with an AC-DC converter charging batteries which power an inverter but it's not very efficient.

Square Vave UPS creates noise in some home applicancesis. Sine Vave UPS is expensive. However it is good idea. but what is wrong if i use TRIAC at input of Transformer and control its gate through Microcontroller.Is there some risk?

it is easier to go the other way and use 110V appliances. just measure the peak input and do a HF ratio-metric buck to 110VAC

I have found a block diagram of a static voltage stabilizer, but what about complete diagram.
Sorry i failed to attach this diagram with massage. I tried from "attachments" ICON but it is not working.
however in this block diagram Programmable circuit-SCR-TRANSFORMER-SCR-OUTPUT. If such technique
works it is good. but only if i have complete diagram.

Sorry i failed to attach this diagram with massage. I tried from "attachments" ICON but it is not working.

I'm having the same problem when trying to upload any thing from my office computer. That is because I've no Administrator access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back