Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ac power analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi

Please have a look on the attachment. Please help me with the query. Thank you.

Regards
PG

Attachments

• averagepowersingle.jpg
    averagepowersingle.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 313
Hi,

In short, the current through the resistor is never anything but real, so you'll never see a 3+5i current through a resistor.
The current through the resistor is always in phase with the voltage so you'll never see anything but 3 or 7 or 0.234 or whatever.
That's the ideal resistor.

IrwinExt9.1

Thank you, MrAl.

Please have a look on the attachment. I first found the current through the capacitor, Ic. Then, I found the voltage across the capacitor, which is same as across the 4 ohm resistor, hence V_4Ω. Then, I used the formula: (1/2)Vm*Im*cos(θv-θi), Vm and Im are magnitudes of voltage and current. Please help me. Thanks.

Best wishes
PG

I hope someone is not in process of replying. I have solved it. Thank you for giving it a look.

Regards
PG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back