Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC motor wiring diagram for low/high voltage - how to wire??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill123

I have a single phase, 1HP, 60/50Hz motor than I need to wire a pigtail on. The motor can be wired for 115 or 208-230. I am probably going to use it wired for low voltage. I'm not sure how to connect to my three wire (hot/neutral/ground) pigtail.

The wiring diagram for low voltage is:

P1 - UNGR D LINE

P2, T8, T3 - Tape

T2, T5, T4 - Line

How do I connect these to my pigtail???

ALso, if I wanted to switch it over to 220, how would I connect it to a 220 pigtail. The high voltage diagram is:

P1 - UNGR D LINE

P2 - Tape

T8, T3, T2 - Tape

T5, T4 - Line

If possible, maybe a little explaination about the seven wires so I "sort of" know what I am doing.

thanks,

Bill

In the low voltage setup attach P1 to neut, T2,T4,T5 to hot and the case to ground ( there should be a male spade lug attached to the case or a green colored screw).

In the Hi setup P1 to hot , T4,T5 to the other hot, ground to the case ( green lug )

All the middle wires that say tape use a wire nut to join the indicated wires together.
This is a best guess, You can lookup the wiring diagram on the net of give a discription here. (I.E Dayton modle bla bla 1 hp 1750rpm 110-220)

Thanks for the reply. I did not want to make any assumptions and wire it wrong. Your answer is much appreciated!!!!

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back