Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC motor Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

zesla

Hello there,

I am trying to controle the speed of an AC motor by a PWM controllers.
My questions are:
1: Do I need to use a H-bridge circuit to drive the motors?
2: Can I do so without an H-bridge driver too?
3: Does the H-bridge supplys ideally 2x of the power supply for the motor or just x?
4: If I need a H-bridge for the said motor does it make any fifference to use 4 IRF540 or do I need 2 Nchannels and 2 Pcahnnels mosftes? Any difference?

Thanks

Hi Zesla,
DC motors use a H-bridge, AC motors use frequency control and you don't say whether it's single or 3 phase. Try researching VFD's (Variable Frequency Device). I run all my machineshop tools using 3 phase motors and single phase input VFD's. All run off my 3kw sinewave inverter and to me the only safe to deal with AC of any decent motor size is just go buy a proven commercial one. 99% of the time you only get one chance with AC when it bites.

Regards Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back