Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC motor for wind turbine project

Status
Not open for further replies.

asiaeast

I went to the hobby shop and picked up a motor for a wind turbine that I'm building. It cost me about $20. However, what I got was an AC motor, not a DC motor. Can I still use this? What would I need to make it work, a blocking diode? The motor is 12 v, .6 Amps, 18 ohms.

**broken link removed**

When I tested it with my voltmeter, I was able to get 2 to 3 volts AC by turning it by hand. With DC, I only got about 1 volt.

Looks somewhat like a stepper motor. You can have a look here: **broken link removed** for some info (no idea of validity) on power generation using steppers. Or you can google and get better info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back