Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC motor control circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PAC Mafia

Hi guys,

I´ve been testing this part of a circuit, it controls a incline motor. I would say it works properly but my question is if i don´t supply voltage at control input and I have a bulb as a load it get some power, 155Vac, when I supply voltage at control input then I get the 220Vac. It happens at both control input-output. Is it because the capacitor and resistor in paralel with the triac?

I attach the schematic.

Attachments

• 1 Bloque de inclinación y componentes.JPG
    1 Bloque de inclinación y componentes.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 161
You do not say what kind and rating lamp you are using for a load and I cant see the values for the resistor capacitor network across the triacs. I think there should be resistors between gate and main terminal 1.

Les.

Hi Les,

now I tested with a normal bulb 220V 60W and it worked right. Before I used a 220V small lamp which I guess has a resistor soldered in serial.

The values of the components are below the schematic, resistor is 33 ohm and capacitor is 10nF, what´s the function of those components?

Thanks.

I meant the technology.
DC brushed or Universal motor, probably the latter if using AC control.
Max.

If this is a circuit you put together yourself, which appears to be aimed at an AC capable motor, you need to know the technology of the motor, although in the past Universal motors have been used in T.M.'s, they are now principally DC brushed.
Max.

It is AC output so definitively must be a series wound (universal) motor.

BTW; if you do power an universal motor, make sure it has some mechanical load. Universal motors overspeed dangerously without mechanical loads.

But to your question..... the resistor/capacitor in parallel with the Triac is a snubber. It is required with inductive loads to prevent excessive dv/dt which could re-trigger the Triac on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back